WHO IS VEEES?
newSTART is a program of the Vancouver Eastside Educational Enrichment Society (VEEES). VEEES is a small non-profit organization that has been serving communities in East Vancouver since 1985. Our purpose is to develop and deliver employment training and life skills and other relevant training in the eastside of Vancouver and promote and support alternative approaches to education. VEEES has provided education and employment programs to those who otherwise would not have access. In our past programs we have worked with those who face marginalization including survivors of violence and trauma, those coming out of incarceration, single parents and general job seekers.
WHAT DOES newSTART DO?
newSTART works with women who want to obtain financial independence to support themselves and
their families. As part of WorkBC we provide the following to those that are eligible:
- Job Search Services. Our experienced Employment Counsellor will assist you in securing sustainable employment and work with you for a full year after securing employment
- Job Sustainment services to any Client who secures employment. This could include Financial
Supports according to WorkBC policies
- Work Experience Services. This could include Wage Subsidies, Job Creation Partnerships and Unpaid Work Experience
- Skill Enhancement Services that offer Essential Work Skills and Basic Life Skills, Adult Basic Education, Academic Upgrading, Short-term Orientation and Certificate Training, Short Duration Training and Occupational Skills Training and Project Based Labour Market Training opportunities. This could include WorkSafe BC First Aid and CPR certification, FoodSafe Level 1,
WorldHost BC Ministry of Tourism etc.
- Self-Employment Services for those with a business idea as a sole proprietor, member of a partnership, sole shareholder of a corporation
- Customized Employment for individuals who have complex employment and may require intensive support services to find and keep employment